Virtual Flute, Pan Flute, Recorder,
Shakuhachi, Quena, Siku and Ocarina
Flute is a
woodwind instrument combining multi-samples of real flutes with a Digital Signal
Processing (DSP) engine. Offers control over several parameters
allowing you to sculpt new and interesting sounds.
Frequency: Controls the Filter's Cutoff Frequency.
Emphasizes the Cutoff Frequency.
Variable note glide speed.
Mono and Retrigger switch:
of turn the synth into Mono Mode and Retrigger switch.
X-Y axis Glide/Pitch: Drag and Drop option for
Glide/Pitch effect, by clicking-and-dragging a point in an X-Y axis.
Signal's Harmonic Spectrum (Freq.
Channel selector : 1 to 16
Output Control: Emphasis and Volume knobs.
Hybrid Method combines mastered multi-samples, normalized and
noise-reduced. Based on PCM (Pulse Code
Modulation) recordings of real flutes. Full length sustain samples, no
(natural decay), stored in 16 bits and 44.100 KHz and Digital Signal
Processing (DSP) engine.
FULL MIDI Automation =: Complete
MIDI Continuous Controller (Control
of all parameters for use with external hardware control). The
following MIDI CC messages are recognized and affect the described
you install VST Instruments & Effects, please make sure your
computer fulfills the following requirements:
Windows Operating System: Native dll file for Windows XP, Windows
Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
x86 architecture (32-bit platform).
For x64 (64-bit platform) test the demo
plug-in with your host internal bit bridge as in Cubase (VST Bridge),
FL Studio (Bridged
mode), Cakewalk SONAR (BitBridge),
Cockos REAPER (Bridging)
or via external jBridge application for Ableton Live, PreSonus Studio One, etc.
500 MHz Processor (Pentium®, Celeron®
AMD® or equivalent) minimum.
128 MB or higher recommended.
VST compatible host / Digital Audio Workstation
DAW/ MIDI Sequencer:
This VST software can be "plugged in" to any host application that supports VST
Technology like: Image-Line FL Studio, Steinberg Cubase, Cakewalk Sonar Artist,
Platinum and Professional, Ableton Live, Cockos Reaper, PreSonus
Studio One, Acoustica Mixcraft, Synapse Audio Orion, Sony Acid Pro, MakeMusic
Finale, Avid Sibelius, Mackie Tracktion, AudioMulch, Steinberg Nuendo, Magix
Samplitude, Magix Music Maker, Cantabile (Lite, Solo, Performer), n-Track
Studio, VSTHost, SAVIHost, PowerTracks Pro Audio, Making Waves Studio, and much more
An ASIO® soundcard is recommended for
low latency real-time play.
test extensively the demo version of your selected product (s) in your
make sure there are no misbehaviors before purchasing.
Installing and Uninstalling VST Plug-in
To install VST plug-in,
follow these steps:
dll file must be in a directory where the VST host is looking for VST
Put the DAL
Flute demo.dll file into VST Plug-ins Folder
of your host application.
To uninstall simply
Flute demo.dll file of your VST
This section outlines revisions between DAL Flute releases. The most recent
changes are at the top.
- Added: Recorder (English Flute), Andean Quena, Siku (Andean Panpipe) and
Ocarina (Vessel Flute) with 8 presets each, including natural and synthetic
- Changed: Improved sounds for Pan Flute by re-sampling.
- Added: push button icons for contact email, website link and
- Added: 32 new
predefined sounds to the soundbank (Totaling 64 presets).
- Documentation updated to fit current version. Fixed bugs: - Small bug fixed.
- Added the Shakuhachi, a Japanese end-blown flute with 8 presets
including natural and synthetic sounds.
- Some changes in the graphical interface.
- Minor adjustments have been made to the default settings.
- Added link to website in company logo and updated help/info CHM file
by clicking on "question mark" (?) icon. Fixed bugs: - Small bug fixes.
- Redesigned sound engine.
- Less CPU use, most noticeable on Intel processors.
- 24 presets redesigned in a wide range of styles.
- Totally redesigned GUI - New buttons and knobs and some cosmetic
- New Flute multi-samples are combined into hybrid environment.
- Normal, Bright and Pan Flute (aka: Pan pipe, Pandean Pipe) modes.
- MIDI Automation. Support via MIDI Continuous Controller data.
- Customizable Pitch Bend Range.
- Drag and Drop option for Glide/Pitch effect, by clicking-and-dragging
a point in an X-Y axis.
- MIDI Channel selector button.
- Web-link button to " register full version" in demo, and web-link to
website in registered version.
- Embedded CHM help/info file and button on GUI.
- Default pitch changed.
- Fixed problem with note trigger not working properly. (mainly FL
Studio, possibly others).
- Small bug fixes
Minor bug fixed.
and Programming by Daniel Laiseca
Evaluation & Registration
The code for the licensed and evaluation versions of this software are
identical. With the Demo Version you can do anything you can do
with the full version, also some presets are included to demonstrate the
The demo restrictions are:
generates a short beep noise in all output channels every 10 seconds
limited to a certain number of trial executions.
sounds and presets of Shakuhachi
(Japanese end-blown flute) aren't available.
The Registered Version does not
have nagging sounds, contains complete sound bank and their use is unlimited.
program is a SHAREWARE. You are hereby licensed to use this software for
evaluation purposes without charge but if you use this software after the
evaluation period, a registration fee is required. Note that by
registering the software, you enable us to improve it and design new features
and you automatically support the development for upcoming software updates.
full version is available to purchase, as downloadable software, the
price is US$29,
and you can download the full version as soon as your payment is
Daniel Laiseca is the author of DAL Flute software at Virtual Musical Instruments Company
is a trademark of Steinberg Soft- und Hardware GmbH